Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I file a police report?

    Go to the Police Department via Front Doors of City Hall located at 401 E. Broad Street during the business hours of  8:00am-5:00pm. For after hours police reports call the Harnett County Sheriff's Office at 910-893-9111 and ask for a police officer to be dispatched to your location in the City. 


  • Community Watch Information!

    If you are interested in starting a Community Watch in your Neighborhood go to this link for more information:



    The only true way to deter crime in your neighborhood is to let the criminals know everyone is watching! It takes everyone working together to reduce crime in your community.

    Interested in starting a community Watch call 910-892-2399.
  • What do I do about Harrassing Phone Calls?

    When someone makes a harassing phone call to you, file a complaint for harassing phone calls and then you should hang up and dial *57 (star 57), follow the voice instructions, and the call will be traced. *57 only works immediately after the harassing phone call hangup and before another call comes in. You need to document the time of the call, the phone company needs it to trace the number.
  • National Center for Missing and Exploited Children!

    If you have concerns about on-line exploitation, child porngraphy, on-line safety or child abduction here is a great resource available to everyone http://www.ncmec.org .

    This is a non-profit organization dedicated to child safety.


More About Dunn

Dunn was originally called "Lucknow" and was renamed in 1873

The city of Dunn was incorporated on February 12, 1887, at which time it was a logging town and a turpentine distilling center. The name honors Bennett Dunn, who supervised the construction of the railway line between Wilson and Fayetteville.

Learn More