Dunn Citizens Police Academy
The Dunn Police Department’s Citizen’s Police Academy is an 8-week program designed to enhance community relationships by familiarizing academy participants with the Dunn Police Department, and other departmental services provided by the city. The primary focus of the academy is to show participants firsthand the daily responsibilities and expectations that dedicated employees carry out.
The Citizens Academy consisted of eight class sessions, on Thursday nights from 6PM-8PM. Class attendees’ submitted applications to participate and represented all areas of the Dunn community. Academy sessions were a blend of traditional classroom time, demonstrations, and safe student participated in scenario-based training exercises.
This was an excellent opportunity to learn more about the Dunn Police Department, its programs, and get to personally know the officers that keep your community safe.
The Citizen's Police Academy is free of charge.
The ultimate goal of the Citizen's Police Academy (CPA) is to educate the citizens of Dunn about the operation of their police department while obtaining valuable feedback from those citizens.
The Citizen’s Police Academy offers citizens insights into how police officers perform their duties and how the department as a whole serves the community. The overall goal of the Academy is to improve police and community interaction.
- Open to applicants at least 18 years of age
- Must reside, work or attend school in the Dunn City Limits or Harnett County area.
- Be able to make a commitment to the 12-week course. Those who attend 10 of the 12 sessions will be awarded a certificate of completion.
- A criminal history check will be conducted on each applicant. Applicants with felony convictions, misdemeanor convictions within past year, or a history of suspected criminal activity, arrests or convictions will not be considered.
- Accepted applicants are expected to wear appropriate casual attire to academy events, and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Application review and acceptance may take several weeks. Deadline for application return is Friday, February 17, 2023.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CPA APPLICATION
- Acceptance into the program is at the sole discretion of the agency and is designed to serve the best interests of the agency.
Sessions include instruction in:
Police Communications and Technical Services
Use of Force
Crime Scene Investigation (practical)
Officer Kevin Moore, Coordinator
Email: EMAIL HERE